That's a thing to keep in mind, but i believe there were some sort of problem with the nims extension in windows. 2015-08-21 09:12:04
@Arrrrrrr Let's not spread myths here. Both nimscript and nims triggered a Windows findNextFileW curiosity which we already have a workaround for.
2015-08-21 09:29:26

Documentation finally has arrived: http://nim-lang.org/0.11.3/nims.html

Nimble integration is ongoing.

2015-09-07 10:31:45

Looks cool. I spotted a small typo on the nimscript module documentation:

"NimScript as a build tool

The task template that the system module defines allows a NimScript file to be used as a build tool. The following exampled defines a task build that is an alias for the c command:"

There is an extra "d" in "exampled".

Also, all the "Source" links seem to be broken.

I find that some of the procedure names could be confusing, particularly if the plan is for nims files to be used as generic script files:

• switch: can be confused with a C-like switch
  • put, get and exists: I don't think is a good idea to reserve such generic verbs for something so specific to nim

Other than that it looks great!

2015-09-07 11:36:26
Great work! 2015-09-07 12:27:17

switch, put, get and exists: I don't think is a good idea to reserve such generic verbs for something so specific to nim

But these are not part of system.nim in general, they are only available in nims files.

2015-09-07 13:11:20

Awesome. Maybe it could default to nim e for .nims so we could use it with a shebang env.

#!/usr/bin/env nim will work but on linux I don't think you can have an arg with env so #!/usr/bin/env nim s doesn't work I think (although might work on OSX).

2015-09-07 21:50:57

switch, put, get and exists: I don't think is a good idea to reserve such generic verbs for something so specific to nim

But these are not part of system.nim in general, they are only available in nims files.

That is true, but if your plan is to make nims files scripts on their own right, I think you should consider changing those names to something a little less generic (specially switch). What about "switchOption", "getConfig", "putConfig" and "configExists" or something of the sort? They are longer, but I think they would also make nimscripts easier to understand.

2015-09-07 22:18:43
rku
I second shebang support. Would be awesome. 2015-09-08 06:14:08
I added #! support. 2015-09-08 08:26:19