The program that compiles successfully with version 0.16.0, is now compiled with version 0.17.0 but went wrong. The error follows:
Error: invocation of external compiler program failed. 绯荤粺鎵句笉鍒版寚瀹氱殑鏂囦欢銆? Additional info: Requested command not found: '..\mingw32\bin\gcc.exe -c -w -O3 -fno-strict-aliasing -IF:\tools\develop\Nim\NimLanguage\lib -o D:\Project\bookcx\nimcache\app.o D:\Project\bookcx\nimcache\app.c'. OS error: 2
In addition, why not like the Go Nim language and Rust language as no C compiler, can not make a complete compiler. I think it would be better, there will not be such a mistake. But the development difficulty is increased
I strongly recommend that the NIM language be not compiled into C,
There's an LLVM backend (nlvm) in the works.
I think that even after NLVM becomes stable and successful, there will still be an important place for the other backends, including the C and C++ ones. C and C++ have a lot of reach.
More detailed information about the issue:
BTW, I just registered forum account for this thread, I noticed that "Nim Forum Account Email Confirmation" was in the Spam folder.
I tested nim-0.17.0_x64.zip on Windows, it is working now
1. Download Nim 0.17.0 https://nim-lang.org/download/nim-0.17.0_x64.zip Extract to C:\nim
2. Download mingw https://nim-lang.org/download/mingw64-220.127.116.11z Extract to C:\mingw
3. Add C:\nim\bin and c:\mingw\bin to Path environment variable
4. Run C:\nim\finish.exe (This step is optional since I added C:\mingw\bin` to Path already)
5. Run "hello World" nim program